Saturday, March 17, 2007

Zero miles

An early-morning coughing jag coupled with mommy guilt meant that I was at the doctor's with Max and his papa at 9am, instead of at the starting line. As we drove home through downtown and the U, I could see my peeps doing their 11 miles, we even saw the water/gatorade stop in front of the Rotunda. I felt sad and guilty, but ultimately relieved that my reactive airway and I weren't out in the cold wind. It should be warmer, sunnier, and less windy tomorrow, so I'm planning on running the Monticello Trail twice, for a total of 8. We'll see how that goes - I'm really eager to get moving, but I am more eager to just get over whatever lingering ailment I have. The hypochondriac side of me has been convinced, at various times over the past 3.5 weeks, that I have had the flu, strep, mono, and TB. Max's dad thinks it's just old age, and I'm beginning to believe him.

No comments: