Sunday, March 18, 2007

four miles*

*with stroller

I don't care how smooth it pushes, when you're pushing a 25lb stroller with a 25lb occupant, you're pushing 50lbs up a hill. Simple as that. But I did it, in around 50 minutes, which included one stop for me to have water, two emergency dropped graham cracker retrievals, and walking the last .1 at tired toddler speed. All in all, I'm pretty pleased, mostly that I just got out there and did it. The stroller made for an intense workout, and my goal this week is to run a little every single day. No, I'm not going all gonzo, I just have a psychological need to keep moving, with less than two weeks till the 10 miler.

I'm contemplating signing up for a sprint tri (300 yard swim, 20k bike, 5k run) in June. Lord help me. I am freakin' terrified of the bike. Not to mention that my 11 year old low-end mountain bike is not exactly anyone's ride of choice.

I'm also contemplating running the Cville Half Marathon in April, 3 weeks after the 10 miler. I've had so many setbacks with 10 miler training, that I might feel better about it if I treat it like a training run. I'm a little scared, since I start the new job that week, plus April weather can run the gamut from cold and rainy to 85 and humid.

No comments: