Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Push my buttons

I ran 2 mi this morning. But yesterday in the mail, I got a postcard from the Richmond Marathon. A postcard whose picture was yours truly, looking strong somewhere around Mile 4 in the marathon. A postcard tempting me to sign up for this year's race. Followed shortly by an email, saying that the race entry fee would go up on 4/1, so I should sign up now! And the it's the 30th running, with special premium schwag, extra-happy crowds, and the promise of more temperate weather (and hence a faster time). Oh Richmond, why do you taunt me so?

This came fast on the heels of a mailing from Team in Training. I could run the VA Beach 1/2 with them over Labor Day weekend. Now that's something I can wrap my brain around. Except for the fundraising part. I dropped out of girl scouts because I hated selling the cookies, and we all know those things sell themselves. Maybe I should just suck it up and do a good deed.

1 comment:

IronMo said...

I would just like to point out that the lure of premium schwag is how I got suckered into signing up for IM #3.