Saturday, March 31, 2007

Charlottesville 10 Miler

Wooohooooo! Perfect weather, great run. My initial training goal for the 10 miler was 11:00 per mile, or 1:50 total. I finished in (according to my watch, I'll check with my chip time as soon as it's posted) 1:50:30, just 30 seconds off that pace. Awesome! I did slow down to let Jack and my mom take pictures, so I'll blame the 30 seconds on them. It might have been a few seconds less than that - I think a volunteer was pulling the chip off my shoe when I remembered to stop my watch. Ran into lots of old friends, and had a really fun run overall (with the exception of mile 9). Full report coming soon, right now I need a shower.

And may I say another awesome thing about this race - I got a medal! I told Max I got it because I won.

Update: Results were just posted online, my official chip time was 1:50:24. 11:02/mile. So freakin' close!

No comments: