Tuesday, March 20, 2007

1.5 miles again

A rare Tuesday run! Same loop as yesterday, but considerably faster sans stroller. Grammy played with Max while I beat feet around the hood. Great weather, almost too warm. And I desperately need new sports bras. Just when you thought it was safe to come out, Mama's talking about her boobs again.

And I received the following email from IronMo re: the triathlon:
dooooooooooooooooo the tri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found out that there's a different sprint tri in my town a couple of weeks after the Richmond one. The swim is considerably longer, and in a lake instead of a pool, which appeals to me. The bike is also a few miles longer, and the run is just 3 mi instead of 5k (big freakin' difference). I'm weighing my options with respect to the bike, I'm so scared of it! Plus, a tri means serious training, even a sprint tri. I can think about it in little chunks - hey, I can do a 5k in my sleep - but three "little" chunks strung together, with the biggest chunk being the one I'm least experienced with and most afraid of makes for one bigass chunk!

No comments: