Friday, March 30, 2007

One day till race day!

I am currently laundering my favorite running togs. I haven't decided if I should wear a tank top (the green one I wore for the marathon) or a short sleeved shirt (plain purple shirt, that I used to hike in, back in the days when I went hiking). Wunderground says it will be 45 at 8 am (gun time is 7:45), up to just 55 by 11. So I'm leaning toward short sleeves, though I don't think I look nearly as cute in the hiking shirt. My alternative is to wear my "Max's Mom" Team in Training shirt. I'm not too worried about dressing warmly for hanging around pre-start since we get a bag to leave at the start/finish where I could stash a jacket. I'm definitely wearing my capri tights I bought at Richmond, and as dorky as it is, I'm wearing the (new) CamelBak because the first water stop isn't until 2.5 miles, and I know I'll be thirsty before then. I haven't been shopping for a lighter hydration pack yet, so big ol' CamelBak it is.

I had my obligatory pre-race nightmare last night. I dreamed that I got to the end of the race, and had done pretty well. I had forgotten to stop my watch, so I wasn't sure how well I'd done. I figured, eh, no big deal, it's chip-timed. So I'm standing in line to get my chip cut off my shoe. When I realize I have no chip on my shoe. So I'm thinking, oh, it fell off, no big deal, I've got my number, they can look up my time with that, the old fashioned way. When I realize I have no number on. And then I realize that I never picked up my race packet, so I have no chip, no number, no official time, no T-shirt!! I was mortified.

Note to self: Pick up packet tonight.

No comments: