Friday, December 21, 2007

Two miles

It occurred to me that all these miles on the treadmill may be contributing to my foot problems. So I ran on an actual road this morning! Woohoo! It was much colder than I was expecting. Partly because I've been running in the 68 degree gym, and partly because it was just cold and windy. I forgot my gloves, and was only wearing a long-sleeve shirt and tights. My teeth were chattering the first quarter-mile, but 10 minutes into the run I was feeling pretty good, and when I walked in the door afterward, the house felt stiflingly hot.

My inserts did well on pavement, and I had no pain during or after the run. It's a Festivus miracle!

As for my tri challenge, I've got 10 miles left to run, 70 left to bike, and about 2800 on the swim. Once again, I sacrificed a day to yoga, which doesn't count toward my numbers, but is an important part of my workout routine nonetheless. I've got just 10 days to finish the tri, so I'd better get to it. Daycare is closed next week, so you can plan on Max spending a healthy amount of time in babyminding at the gym while I make good on my goal.

Happy Solstice everyone!

No comments: