Sunday, December 23, 2007

1000 and 10

1000 meters (yeah! meters, baby!) in the pool and 10 miles on the bike.

I was overjoyed when I pulled into the gym parking lot - there were maybe 15 other cars. I thought for sure I'd have a lane in the pool to myself. No such luck. I think all 15 other people were in the pool, and I ended up on the wall half of an end lane. The other fella in the lane was a really buff young guy with just the ugliest, thrashingest stroke ever. If I ever do a real tri or an open water swim, this will be good preparation. Luckily, he tired himself out after about 100 yards, and my new lane-mate was quite considerate and sincerely apologized for *almost* bumping in to me. It wasn't the fastest 1000 ever, but I felt great the whole time, and even did flip turns for most of my freestyle.

Then transition, ha ha. I took the time to rinse out my suit and put it through the spinner, before heading on to the bike. I was under a bit of a time crunch, so I changed into my workout clothes as fast as I could. I was still pretty damp, and got an interesting workout trying to get my sports bra on over my head.

I rocked out to my iPod and read Entertainment Weekly and busted out a quick 10 miles before I had to hop off and get cleaned up.

Tri tally: 3062 of 4224 yards swum; 52 of 112 miles biked; 16.2 of 26.2 miles run

Yeah, those meters add up fast!!

No comments: