Monday, December 03, 2007

10 more on the bike

...only 87 to go. A busy day, and I was just barely able to squeeze in 45 minutes at the gym. I figured that the bike, abs, and stretching were enough, as I got plenty of strength training last night changing Max's carseat from rear facing to forward facing. Make that car seatS. I did both my car and the Supportive Husband's car. No small feat, let me tell you. But I am confident that both seats are rock-solid. I even did the top tethers. Phew.

I can hear some of you saying it now - you're only just turning him now at almost two years old? Yes, that's right. The rule is that a child must be *at least* one year old and twenty pounds to face forward. But he can safely rearface to the limits of the seat. This means that unless the child exceeds the height limit (not a hard and fast height, but where the child's head is in relation to the seat) or weight limit of the seat for rearfacing, they can and should rearface. Here's why. My little chunkamonk is now brushing the uppermost weight limit for rearfacing, plus he's getting harder and harder to stuff through the extra-tiny back door of the Outback. So after lots of pulling, pushing, huffing, puffing, and grunting; a little bit of swearing, and one broken nail, his car seat now faces forward.

After two consecutive days on the bike, plus the exercise in car seat installation, my quads are on fire. So I'll either rest tomorrow, or go for a swim.

No comments: