Saturday, December 29, 2007

Done with the bike!

The Supportive Husband was working today, and I was afraid I wasn't going to get to the gym. I didn't want to leave Max in babyminding again, plus his afternoon nap often stretches till 4:30, and by the time he's up, changed, had a snack, and we finally get out the door, well, that leaves very little time for actual exercise before the babyminding closes up shop for the day. Luckily, Grammy came through in a pinch, and I headed to the gym around 4.

And it was closed.

What do you mean normal people don't go to the gym on Saturday nights? Luckily, the security guard was kind enough to tell me that the other location (freakin' across town) was open till 6. So off I went. And to my surprise, I discovered that there are actually 2 other bikes, not with the rest of the exercise bikes, because they're not hooked in to the TV sound system. But they are brand new and sweet and super comfortable. I pounded out 9 miles in record time, while listening to an audiobook on my iPod. I only wish I'd found these super-secret fancy bikes sooner.

I got home, and Grammy had to take off, so I ended up having company while I showered. Max rolled in on his "bike" and asked me repeatedly, "Mommy shower?" Fortunately, he's pretty scared of the shower, so I was able to lather, rinse, and repeat in solitude, if not peace.

No comments: