Wednesday, September 26, 2007

12 miles on Sunday

This blog entry is a little delayed - I ran on Sunday, and that totally threw off my weekend groove.

Jim and I met up Sunday morning for a run along the Rivanna Trail starting at Riverview Park. Great little 2 mile flat, paved stretch of trail down along the river. We did 3 out and back. It was very peaceful and zen. We saw little frogs, hot air balloons, and a period Korean war campsite set up behind the VFW. Everything clicked for me on this run. Maybe it was the flat, maybe it was the company, maybe it was running on Sunday. But I was in the zone, and ran every step (except for stopping for water at the turnarounds) and didn't even feel tired till about mile 10. Our pace was somewhere around 10:45 or 10:50, which is way better than my goal of 11:00.

I had more happy news this week - I've lost 2 pounds since instituting my hardline "no food after 8:30 pm" rule. I am no longer at my heaviest weight ever. Phew. I must resist the urge to celebrate with cookies.

My program has me doing 6 miles of speedwork midweek this week and next, but it just ain't gonna happen. Sorry, Mark. I just can't do speedwork with a toddler in the stroller. But meanwhile, I'm hitting the treadmill at lunch, and taking long stroller walks before dinner. And hey, with just 2.5 weeks to go, shouldn't I be tapering?

No comments: