Tuesday, September 04, 2007

1000, 1.5, and a brag

I meant to run on the treadmill and lift weights at lunch, but I left my running shoes and workout clothes at home, so I hit the pool instead. I did 200 free, 200 breaststroke, 50 back, 50 drill to warm up. Then 300 free, 200 breast, 50 fly, 50 drill, 100 easy, for a total of 1000 in under 30 min. After my fly, I was resting (of course!) at the wall for a moment when the one other guy in the pool also got to the wall for a little rest. He asked if I was part of the master's swim group, because he was wicked impressed that I could do fly at the end of my workout like that! Go me, someone thinks I'm an athlete. We chatted for a while - he's done a 1/2 marathon, and did his first tri recently, and is (like me) hitting the pool to mitigate running injuries. As much as I kvetched about not wanting to socialize at the 4 miler, it was nice to have a little chat at my lunchtime workout. Working in a cubicle with headphones on all day will do that to you.

After work, Max and I went for a long walk (1.5 mi) in the stroller. Pushing him uphill is quite the strength training workout, and we were both ready for dinner by the time we got home.

No comments: