Saturday, June 28, 2008

hot hot hot

Summer has fully descended on us here. Highs are in the 90's and the humidity is stifling. I had committed to being a Pink Lady at the Wednesday evening rookie run, but I'm rethinking that. It is TOO HOT. I was born and raised here, and spent a few years living in Florida, so I'm not stranger to the 3 H's (hazy, hot, and humid), but with the extra metabolism I'm supporting, I just can't take it.

Even this morning was pretty warm. Starting a run after 8 is really pushing it this time of year. I had volunteered to lead the charge handing out shoe tags after the run today, so I arrived a little early to squeeze in my own solitary lap or two around the track. Thank goodness! I actually ran an entire lap, thankyouvery much, but I was definitely feeling heavy, slow, and a little klutzy. It felt great to move, but I'm not sure how much longer it will really be practical for me to run. I walked with my walkers for 4 of their 6 laps, then took my post at the gate to bid everyone farewell.

No comments: