Monday, July 16, 2007

Another 2 on the treadmill

When my options are blazing heat and imminent thunderstorms, or air conditioning and treadmill, the treadmill starts looking better and better. I did 1.5 miles at 6 mph, a 10 minute mile! Scoff all you want, naturally athletic types, this is a big deal for me! I did the rest at an 11:00 pace. Then I lifted, did some abs, and a bunch of stretching. Yesterday (day off), I did a little yoga and spent some quality time with The Stick, and I was feeling limber and ache-free today.

As I left the gym, black clouds were gathering, and by the time I was halfway to Kroger, the skies had opened up. I waited it out sitting in the car listening to the radio for about 15 minutes, but working mama's got a schedule to keep. (BTW, The Corner, luv ya, but if you play "Hey There Delilah" and "Two Sisters" one more time, I'm switching to books on CD.) I switched my ever-so-stylish Birks for the shower shoes from my gym bag, and put my 10 min mile legs to the test sprinting across the parking lot.

No comments: