Saturday, July 15, 2006

8 Miles

Today's run was at Ridge Road. It was approximately 127% humidity. There was patchy, steamy fog when we first started out. It was an out and back - four miles to the turnaround at Free Union Road. The terrain gently undulated the entire way - all my hill-climbing muscles are sore now. I ran the first half with a woman named Mary, but pulled ahead of her on the loooooong uphill after the turnaround, and didn't see her again until I was eating my Clif Bar at the finish. I bumped into Jim again, and we ran together for about a mile, but he pulled ahead of me on a long uphill.

I really need to get on the gel and electrolyte replacement wagon. Gatorade gives me a tummyache, plus it's usually gone by the time poky me gets to the water stop. IronMo recommends Endurolytes, which are just salt pills. I figure the can't be any worse for me than the 1/2 can of Pringles I ate on the drive home. I also need to start doing gels during the run - a handful of Jolly Ranchers just doesn't cut it.

And for Pete's sake, would I get the battery in my watch replaced already? I'm fairly certain I kept about a 12:05 or 12:10 pace, but I can't be sure.

No comments: