Wednesday, July 12, 2006

4 Miles

I wasn't feeling well last night - another day care special. Went to bed early, all achy. Felt pretty good in the a.m., but was really dragging on my run. The poor ark is nearly all gone now. The fake McMansions are just plywood shells, and slowly shrinking. I used to run through while they were shooting - lots of extras lining the street, movie stars and production assistants everywhere. Running just isn't as fun when I can't wave hello to Steve Carell. I need to find a new route, and shake things up a bit. Plus, it's an out and back that starts with a gentle downhill, bottoms out at about 1 mile, goes uphill for a while, then a little bit downhill. So when you come back, it's a gentle but relentless uphill for almost the last mile. So just when I'm hot and wanting to be done, I've got this crummy uphill. And I know it's coming, so all during the downhill, I'm thinking about it, instead of enjoying the downhill. Bah.

Eight miles coming up this weekend - I hope I do okay! I hate being the slowest one. We got info about speed sessions at the track. Mark had instructions for different pace groups. Of course, the slowest marathon goal listed was 4:30. Crap. If IronMo's first marathon time was 5:22, then by gum, I'll just keep plugging away. I don't expect that I'll be an IronMom or a Boston qualifier, but I sure as shootin' can put one foot in front of the other for 26.2.

No comments: