Saturday, October 28, 2006

8 miles

It was supposed to be 12, but since 4 were with the stroller, I figured that 8 was close enough. IronMo was on this side of the country, and came down to do her 20 with me. Whee! We ran 4 together (she was pushing Max in the stroller) then I turned back and she went on. It was great fun, and I am so excited that we'll get to run together on 11/11. The only downside is I got a stitch in my side (first of the season!) because we were talking up a storm.

We both overdressed, and I was really hot and sweaty after pushing the stroller over DWR and Plank Road's undulations. In fact, I did about as much walking as I did running. Not surprisingly for taper, I felt a little creaky. It's as if every ache and twinge from the whole season is having one last hurrah.

Max was a great passenger, and only pulled off his shoes and socks once.

No comments: