Saturday, August 19, 2006

Off the wagon...

Max and I are both recovering from the latest day care special - it was a doozy. I'll leave out the gory details, but it was enough work trying to stay hydrated this past week without adding running in the heat and humidity. Perhaps some weights at the gym tomorrow, and then on the road again on Monday. God willing, my long run will actually get longer one of these days.

I'm feeling a little down, but I've still got more than 2.5 months left, and I did make a hotel reservation, so I've *really* got to run the thing. I met someone who is dutifully training (all summer!) to run the four miler. It came up that I'm training for the marathon. "Oh, but I'm not a runner," she said. "Me neither. I just put my head down and put one foot in front of the other," I replied. When you get right down to it, it really is just that easy. (Says the woman who hasn't run in a week and who has missed 3 of 4 Saturday runs.)

No comments: