Friday, August 04, 2006

100 degrees (and far fewer miles)

The past two weeks have been a blur of travel and sickness. Not to mention the heat. It's regularly topped 80 by 8 am, and was over 90 by 10 am the other day. I'm just not that hard core. Even coach Mark said to back off some in this heat. I think I've run a grand total of 6 miles in the past 10 days. I'm waffling about whether to do the long run tomorrow - I'm afraid to look at my program and see what kind of mileage I'm supposed to be doing. I think one more day of rest. Perhaps a good swim, and some weights instead. IronMo gave me her too-small brand-new speedo, I think it needs to go for a swim. It's all orange and red and flamey. I'll look fast, even if I'm still desperately trying to recover the body roll I lost somewhere around week 30 of the pregnancy.

I feel lazy and irritable. But at least I'm not starving all the time.

Oh, and I made some progress - I got a new watch battery! So now I can know exactly how slow I am. And I bought an assortment of gels and Clif Shot Bloks, and Mo gave me half a bottle of Endurolytes. And, I got a fancy new IronMan visor. So one of these days, when I get back off my tuchus, I'll have all the gear.

No comments: