Saturday, June 17, 2006

Mama Marathon

On November 11, 2006, I will run the Richmond Marathon. My son will be 10 months old, which means that as I write this, I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

I'm a little scared. I've been running 3 days per week religiously for the past 2 months or so. I've signed up for the training program with the good folks at Ragged Mountain Running Shop. I've got a good pair of shoes, a whole lot of moxie, and an almost full time job outside the home. Have I gone a little crazy?

My hero is IronMo, and I will state for the record that this is all her fault. Way back in aught-four, she did an IronMan triathlon. She was undecided about doing another one. I told her that if she did an IronMan in '06, I'd run a marathon that year. Well, there's still no cure for cancer, so she's gone and done it again. IronMan USA is in just over a month, so I'm strapping on my running shoes, and scouring ebay for a gently used running stroller. Wish me luck!

No comments: