Tuesday, May 27, 2008

liar, liar, pants on fire

That would be me. Sorry dear Internets, but I have deceived you. It's true, I was having some foot issues just prior to the Ten Miler, but nothing awful enough to keep me from running it. The truth is I am expecting!

I know some of will now consider my lack of running, and ask if Mama has lost her gumption. We all hear stories about women who run right up until delivery. Isn't Mama one of those strong, powerful, fit women? Yes, but my main early pregnancy symptoms are shortness of breath (seriously, it's ridiculous, I get winded while *reading* for Pete's sake), fatigue, and nausea that does not respond well to jostling. I take those signs as my body's way of telling me to slow down. So I listen.

I'm still keeping fit, you can count on that. I'm hitting the gym regularly for weights and cardio, walking a few times per week, and though I'm too big for my Speedo and too small for my maternity suit, I do plan on adding swimming back into the mix soon. I was in incredible shape when Max was born, and I hope to be in just as good physical condition for this little one's arrival. Speaking of which, we expect him or her on Thanksgiving Day (and you can just swallow that Butterball joke right now, it is NOT funny).

So far, everything looks great, and as with my pregnancy with Max, we will have top-notch care and monitoring to put my mind at ease until this baby arrives safely. Please keep me in your thoughts as I progress through what is definitely my very last pregnancy (hooray!). Now that I'm able to spill the beans, I'll be posting more regularly about the challenges and triumphs of staying fit while being not only a mother, but also a mother to be.

No comments: