Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers' Day!!

I hope all you mothers had a wonderful day. Motherhood can really be the most lonely job in the whole world, and while it's just one silly, invented holiday, it is nice to have a day that should be all about Mom.

The Supportive Husband was kind enough to let me sleep in a little, and I'm finally feeling like I've kicked the nasty cold I've had the past week. My ears were popping like crazy today. After a family breakfast at home (which I made, but I actually like making breakfast and too rarely get to do it, so it really was a treat), I got to go to the gym, where I tried out my wheezy, congested lungs on the bike while reading a book. It was one of my laziest workouts ever, but felt great. I did redeem myself by doing some serious stretching and lifting weights.

The Supportive Husband fed Max lunch and put him down for a nap just before I arrived home, so even though he (the husband, not Max) had to go to work, I had a few luxurious hours to myself. Which I spent doing housework. But I must say that for the first time in months, ALL THE LAUNDRY IS FOLDED AND PUT AWAY. It's a Mothers' Day Miracle!! Which will last approximately 7.3 seconds.

A friend came by to drop off some things she'd borrowed for her baby, which he's since outgrown. He was adorable, but when we tried to go out for pizza, the wee fellow barfed all over his poor mom. Happy Mothers' Day, indeed. I think he's got a lot of making up to do. And he's only 1! Max and I got take out, and had pizza together at home. Then we went for a long buggy ride since the sun had finally come out after a day of rain.

Even though he'd taken a long nap, the buggy ride must have worn him out, because by 7pm, he was heading up the stairs and crawling into bed of his own volition. I insisted on a quick bath, since he was covered in pizza and wet mulch, and it was lights out by 7:45. I plan to spend the rest of my day ironing (which I actually like, but never have time for) and watching the finale of Survivor. Hoooooo yeah, I'm a wild one.

No comments: