Saturday, November 10, 2007

Fun with toddler!

The Supportive Husband's return from Mexico was delayed, so my plans for a long solo run didn't work out. I did a couple of miles with Max in the stroller. He's getting heavier, and the stroller/baby combo now weighs about 60 pounds. Add to that the "warmup" of getting him out of the house, past his bike and his little wheelbarrow on the front porch ("biiiiiike, mama, biiiiike," tears ensued), a brief stop to examine the earthworms on the driveway, then a losing battle over the addition of a stroller cozy to the setup (he'd rather be cold than cozy, and the straps don't fit through quite right, anyway), and it was a pretty strenuous 2. I'm hoping to still squeeze in a couple more today, but it's not looking good. The Supportive Husband finally landed in Richmond, but the main road out of the airport was totally shut down due to an accident, and all the roads in the city were shut down because of the marathon.

The marathon! Yes, I am so disappointed that I'm not there. It's perfect weather - started off a little rainy, but is overcast and cool. Just perfect. I know I can break five hours, it just wasn't meant to be this year. (insert Mama having her own meltdown here)

Anyway, I parked Max in front of the TV (Wonder Pets; they were going to the aid of a puppy that needed to peepee but couldn't because he was locked inside the house. Yes, really!!) so I could shower. Then off to swim lessons. It was at the gym's other location, which I thought I'd like better, but I guess everyone does because man, that warm water pool was PACKED full of kids and senior citizens. Max had a fantastic time jumping off the edge again, and can now actually hoist himself out of the water onto the edge. Goodness! However, he kind of flipped out a little at the end of class because, like the puppy, he had to peepee. Nothing like trying to do the alphabet song while Max is grabbing his crotch with both hands saying, "peepee mama peepee diaper." I guess I've got the only kid on the planet who won't just pee in the pool.

So that was my workout today, baby in tow. Good times.

And congrats, Richmonders! But unless you were there last year, you have no idea how good you have it.

No comments: