Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Very few miles

In the past 10 days, I have run very little. Maybe twice? Yes, Max and I were both sick. Again. I had a terrible cold, and just when I was out of the woods, Max came down with Coxsackie virus, aka, hand foot and mouth disease. Yum. Poor fella had several near-sleepless days and nights, and was refusing to eat or drink. He's finally back to his charming self, and I swear, swear with all my heart that this Saturday, I will run 14 miles. Yes, indeedy. Even if I am sick and throwing up and have blisters on my throat, feet, and hands, I will haul myself down Dick Woods Road and back because I am SEVEN weeks away from this marathon and feeling like a real pansy. IronMo sent me a lovely and reassuring email, but I am sure that in the back of her mind she's thinking I am crazier than she is. Training for a marathon with a small (or should I say "small," since he's 22 lbs) baby is ludicrous, especially when you're still nursing and always exhausted to begin with. But without this goal, my "nap when the baby naps" inertia would be overwhelming and I'd still be soft and out of shape. I do enjoy being a hot mama. And I adore being strong and focused and in shape.

Here's the deal:
9/23 - 14
9/30 - 10
10/7 - 16
10/14 - 10
10/21 - 18-20
10/28 - taper
11/4 - taper
11/11 - twenty-six point two

Game ON!

No comments: