Saturday, September 02, 2006

Holidayless Weekend - 0 Miles

Another Saturday missing its run. Max and I both had a cold this week. Friday evening, I wasn't sure if I would run Saturday morning or not. Then the power went out (thanks, Ernesto!). By bedtime, it wasn't back on and I was preoccupied thinking about the stash of breastmilk in the basement freezer. I decided that if the power came on in the night, I'd run. Otherwise, I'd be scurrying to move the milk to cooler climes before 7 months of daily pumping had to be dumped down the drain. The power came on at 6:40am, 25 minutes after the start of the run, and about 20 minutes before I was going to pack it up and drive really really fast to my parents' house. It was for the best - I spent much of the night tossing and turning with sinus pressure and congestion. I had a terrible sinus headache, and was grateful to be able to sleep in. Just over two months to go - I am freaking out a little. I just hope the next couple of months don't contain the run of illness the past six weeks has. I'm spent.

More encouraging is Max's foray into solid foods - he's an amazing eater. He's gradually dropping feedings, and for the first time in months, I'm not famished 24/7. I've resolved to actually start using the freezer stash (which stayed frozen solid during the dark and stormy night), so I've dropped my nightly pumping session. I'm holding steady at 115 lbs, but my body's still changing - none (and I mean none) of my clothes fit any more, so a shopping trip is definitely in my future.

I realized on my last run that I need a new pair of shoes - I bought these when Max was just 2 months old! The arch support is slowly collapsing, and I really felt it last weekend. So tomorrow, back on the wagon, and a trip to the shop for the shoes to get me to Richmond.

No comments: