Friday, December 19, 2008

Plodding along

The miracle weight loss that occurred after Max was born hasn't occurred this time. Yikes. I am not terribly overweight, but I am about 8 pounds above a comfortable weight, and a good 15 above where I'd *really* like to be. Since the initial 15 pound weight loss, I've been eking out a pound per week, which is healthy, but still very frustrating.

So I am making a conscientious effort to quit eating so much junk, and to exercise each and every day. Not so tough right now, but I wonder how I'm going to keep up the exercise routine once I'm back at work. I'm averaging about 45 minutes per day of some kind of exercise - running, walking, lifting weights/stretching. And that's EVERY day. How on earth can I squeeze that into my lunch hour and eat my lunch, and pump 2-3 times per day, and run errands, and make healthy meals for my family and breastfeed and and and and...

I just need to remind myself that I trained for a marathon with a nursing infant, I can definitely maintain a basic level of fitness. It's just going to take a whole new kind of commitment this time around. To seal that commitment, I've already signed myself up for the New Year's Day 5K (13 days away!), the Martha Jefferson 8K in March, and the 10 Miler in April. The jury's still out on the C'ville Half on April 18, but as long as I'm in 10 miler shape two weeks before, I might as well do the half, right? I'll find some way to make more hours in the day.

No comments: