Monday, December 15, 2008

I did it!!

I actually ran!! I took advantage of the balmy weather while Max was at school and Sami was chillin' with the Supportive Husband. I ran 3 min, walked 2 min for 20 min. I know, nothing spectacular, but hey, I JUST gave birth less than four weeks ago, and I haven't run since I was 20 weeks pregnant. It wasn't quite the euphoric experience I've been having in my dreams, but I'm on a high anyway. I did it!

I managed to squeeze the girls into one of the sports bras I used when I was nursing Max, but since I didn't start running until he was a good 6 weeks older, I'm spilling out, and it really isn't enough support. I had to hold my posture strangely erect to keep things comfortable; I felt like the prow of a ship. My core muscles are conspicuously absent. And I definitely need new shoes (helloooooo Santa!!). But I did it! I'm back!!

1 comment:

IronMo said...

atta girl!!!