Saturday, December 20, 2008

The girls strike again

We've had lots of cold, rainy weather lately. I had about 45 minutes in which to squeeze in a run today - not enough time to get to the gym and back with any kind of decent workout, so I decided to brave the cold drizzle for an outdoor run. I got dressed in my cold weather gear, and then pulled out my water resistant shell. When I went to zip it up, I found that it wouldn't. The girls are just too big, even when "double bagged" as Louise put it. So I went to pull on my quilted Brooks jacket. Again, no way were the girls fitting in that (and honestly, the postpartum belly made that one impossible, too). I finally settled on the baggy fleece that I wore through week 32 of my pregnancy. Good grief.

It was late spring after Max was born when I really started running, so I never needed anything heavier than a t-shirt until he was well established on solids and the girls had already started shrinking again. If I'm going to keep this up, I'll have to invest in some cool weather gear that actually fits my postpartum and nursing physique.

In happier news, I'm now running 3:30/walking 1:30. Foul weather really ups my motivation to run fast!

And happy birthing thoughts to Louise, who is either just about to or just has given birth to her new baby!! I must mention that she ran her entire pregnancy, and ran 4 miles as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Hats off to her! So congrats Louise, and welcome, Baby!!!

No comments: