Thursday, October 04, 2007

Midweek runs

Nothing much this week. A short run and weights on Tuesday, plus a walk with my dad in the evening. I've got him talked in to training for the men's four miler. Now I just need to get him to swap his jeans, belt, and button-down for some shorts and a t-shirt.

A quick lunchtime run today. Working from home, I got to run outside, which wasn't nearly as fun as the last time I worked from home. It's pretty hot today, actually, and the sweat was pouring off of me by the time I finished. As a concession to Mark, I did do just a skosh of speedwork - repeats of 20 sec all out and 40 sec recovery. I may try to hit the nearby high school track this Saturday instead of running with the group. I just have no desire to beat myself up on Dick Woods Road in the predawn darkness. I only need 7 - no reason to wake up at 5:30 for that. It's a heck of a lot easier to get all zen on the track in the daylight than on the soft gravel of DWR before dawn.

No comments: