Saturday, March 08, 2008

MJH 8K Race Report

It wasn't nearly as rainy as I thought it would be, though it drizzle steadily the whole time. I ran with Louise, and since we were talking the whole time, I can't say as I really raced it. Even so, I came within about 30 sec of my time last year (which was in perfect conditions), so I'm pretty happy with it. And for what it's worth, somehow I ended up ahead of Louise in the chute, so I got to make jokes about how I beat her.

I felt pretty good the entire time, except for that wicked Belmont Hill. I took the opportunity to walk for about 100 yards, and felt great for the last mile. Had I not been running with someone, I probably could have pushed a lot harder and beat my PR for the course. I guess that's the bummer of not being a new runner any more - I've already raced the distance, so I'm not guaranteed a PR any more.

It was a good run, but it felt like more of a training run than a race, especially since the rain kept the spectators away. But I'd gladly take a great training run like this over a bad race any day.

No comments: