Friday, February 01, 2008

Counting down

Eight weeks from tomorrow is the 10 miler, and I'm nowhere near ready. I've gone for a few 4 mile runs on the weekends, and done the occasional 1-2 on the treadmill, but really haven't been training. I have been making it to yoga once per week, which eats up one possible workout. The weekends have been increasingly busy, and I barely have time for a decent workout on Sundays. But the latest development is that my foot problems, which had given me no trouble at all over the past month, have returned with a vengeance. And it's my own fault.

My new running shoes have been doing wonderfully. But silly me wanted to wear cute shoes to work yesterday instead of clogs. So I did. And got so many compliments!! And now I have terrible sharp pain in the balls of both my feet. As soon as my feet started hurting, I put on my Birks, and I'm planning on wearing my running shoes while out and about tomorrow. I had been hemming and hawing about buying a second pair of running shoes, but I think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it - I really need a pair for out and about, and a pair for actually running. Man, getting old is expensive!

But the good news is that I'm still pretty fit, and still working out 3-4 times per week or more. I'm much more nervous about the ten miler this year than I was last year. I was all high off the marathon last year, and this year all I've got under my belt is the half.

No comments: