Tuesday, August 07, 2007

A swim

It's too hot to run. Plus, I'm trying to take it a little easy to help my foot recover. All the new shoes seem to be working, and I haven't felt any pain at all since Sunday, hooray!!

I hit the pool at lunch. Everyone must have had the same idea, because both lanes were circle swimming. I picked the slow side, and hopped in. The two folks on the slow side were waaaaaaay slow, but I made a game of it. I'd wait till the first one was nearly back to the wall, then push off and swim a hard 50, or as far as it took to almost overtake them. Then I'd rest for a sec while they made it almost back around, and do another hard 50. I did pass one of them at some point, and I also did about 100 worth of drills. Total was around 900, I think, not bad for a lunchtime swim, especially considering I was in the slow lane.

It's supposed to be 100 tomorrow, and in the 90's the rest of the week. So until Saturday's early run, it's the pool or the treadmill for me.

2 comments:

IronMo said...

ok this weather discussion is NOT HELPING with the "move back to the east coast" campaign!!!

xoxo

Mama Marathon said...

Hey, it's just a couple of weeks every year. The other 50 weeks are nice!! :D