Sunday, November 05, 2006

7 Miles

Okay, this was my last "real" run before the big day. I'll do a couple of short runs during the week, just to stay limber.

I headed out to the Saunders Monticello Trail. It's two miles up to Monticello mountain, and I figured the relentless 2 mile uphill would be a good workout. The trail winds through the woods, and is at times a wooden boardwalk that evens out the gentle folds of the hills. Before I left the house, I put on my shoes and discovered that I had them laced so tight, I couldn't even get my feet into them. Huh. In my anxious state, I've been subconsciously tightening the lacing over the past few weeks. I took a moment to relace them, and headed out.

I ran all the way up to the Monticello parking lot, contemplated stopping at the Luncheonette for a hot dog, or the garden shop for some native plants, then turned back and let myself fly downhill. I did the two miles downhill in just under 21 minutes. Back up 1.5, and back down again. Overall, I averaged just a hair under 11:00, and was ready to run some more when I finished. My foot feels better than it has in weeks. I'm crossing my fingers that next Saturday's run is as pleasant.

No comments: