Friday, September 03, 2010

Ahhhhh, freak out!

Well, no race would be complete without a freaky freakout the day before. Why hello, Women's Four Miler, it's been too long.

I maintained a sane and sensible easy training/activity program, incorporating my new Nikes (still loving them), plenty of cross training, disciplined midweek runs, and lots of core work. I've run some pretty fast miles recently, though my overall times for any distances longer than 3 miles are still hovering around the 11min/mile mark, which is fine. I'm sure the excitement of race day will give me that extra push that I need to keep it under 44 minutes.

So now I'm freaking out because a)PMS caused me to b)eat too many sweets and not enough real food the past two days and c)now I feel guilty about not running today, even though I *know* I should just take it easy the night before a race. I am seriously in a small panic about not having run today, and the sun is already setting, and it's 12 hours to race time and really too late for a run, especially one that I shouldn't even be going on.

So I've got a low-level freak out going, which is awesome, and very comforting in a sick way.

The rest of me is staying positive. Packet pickup was its usual circus, though as well-ordered as it could possibly be, and I've gone through my obligatory round of bitching about how I should quit running this race because it's a circus and a huge pain in the ass. But, I actually managed to raise some money for the cause this year, which is nice, and motivation for me to run again next year. And the shirts are rad.

Wish me luck tomorrow! Hopefully there will be a non-disastrous race report here soon! And to the rest of you running tomorrow: Run like you stole something!!

No comments: