Sunday, January 24, 2010

Click

Sometimes it all just clicks into place.

This past week, I was able to train my plan for the first time in years. YEARS. I am not exaggerating. That is what life is when you have a kid or two and a job.

I am healthy. I am uninjured. My kids are reasonably healthy (though the baby did vomit all over me while we were waiting at the pharmacy for antibiotics for her ear infection). It's The Supportive Husband's off season. The kids are sleeping well. There's no more snow on the ground, and the weather, though cold, hasn't been too bad.

I will admit to switching a run for a swim when I got the gym and realized that I didn't have a sports bra in my gym bag. But, that's why I always keep a swimsuit and goggles in my bag.

I squeezed in a run on my lunch hour. I got up in the pitch black darkness. I pushed my run till 10am to fit the schedule of my new running group, but got there early and put in an extra mile or two. I ran to the gym, lifted weights, and ran home. I did the most amazing core workout watching The Biggest Loser. Click, click, click, click. All the pieces just settled right in, and it almost seemed effortless. Almost.

Weeks like these are so rare. It feels awesome to be ahead of the curve training for the 10 Miler. This time last year I was barely training. My hip was in pain every time I took a step, and I was about to come down with walking pneumonia. Oh yeah. and I was nursing a 2 month old.

So I'm writing about this week not for you, the two of you who read my blog (hi Mo and Robine). I'm writing this for me, so I can remember that even if I only get weeks like this once every two years, I DO get weeks like this. They're out there, and there is hope for making a plan and sticking to it.

2 comments:

IronMo said...

heck I am waiting for a week like this...and I don't have one kid, let alone two, or a job that pays! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the shout-outs! I can't wait to get back to something even close to a routine. Our move out to California will hopefully get me jacked to pull out the jogger and get back on the road! In the meantime...I live/workout vicariously through you. - Robine.