Friday, April 03, 2009

full-on freaky freak out mode

10 miler tomorrow! I am freaking out in a way I haven't freaked out since I ran Richmond. It's been an incredibly emotional and draining week on all fronts, and the race seemed like the least of my worries. There was a lot of resolution and tying up of loose ends today, and I found myself at packet pickup after work breaking out into a cold, panicked sweat.

What am I so worried about? I know I am not in the best shape, given my recent bout of pneumonia and oh yeah my four month old nursling, but I'm confident I can finish and not cause permanent damage to myself. I know I'll probably fall short of my two hour goal. I know there are going to be some low moments (hello mile 8 I am talking about you), but nothing I can't handle, despite my lackluster preparation. I guess I've spent so many weeks being consumed by so many other matters that instead of having weeks and months to work out my anxieties, they're all crammed in to the last 12 hours before the race.

So if you see a lady in black, wearing a buff as a do-rag, with a very small "Max's Mom" and "Sami's Mom" written on her bib, running about a 12min mile (if she's lucky), please cheer extra loud. Remember, I am an alumna of the scream tunnel, so you'd better BRING IT.

A sidenote, I happened to pick up my packet right next to Cville Dave, but I was too shy to introduce myself.

2 comments:

Out in Them Sticks said...

How'd you do?! We did the 10 miler as well. Just got back home actually. :) I'm sure you did great.

Mama Marathon said...

I had a great run, thanks! I'll blog about it soon. :)