Saturday, May 19, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Better late than never, right?

Yes, Mama has been slacking on blogging lately, please forgive her. Not much to blog, really. I haven't been running much, just a few short runs here and there. My new job and new gym mean that I can now work out during my lunch hour. So I'm shooting for 3 short lunchtime workouts (strength training or swimming), 1 long run on Saturday and 1 long workout (strength and swim or run) on my 1 weekday off. Naturally, it went great for about 2 weeks. Then a hectic week at work, and then the newest cold from day care. So I'm feeling pretty schlumpfy.

I have an appointment for a swim lesson on Monday as part of my new member stuff at the gym. I did a personal training session a couple of weeks ago and it totally sucked. I told the guy I wanted to learn some new core exercises. And what did we do? Everything *but* core. Sigh. Not rocket science, fella, give the lady what she wants. Let me figure out how to adjust the seat on the weight machine on my own time, okay? I've got one more session to use after the swim lesson, so we'll see what comes of it.

The meeting for the summer distance running training program is in just over a week. I have to pick a race, and get my mind in the game. Now that Max is sleeping till a ridiculously late hour (that I dare not post here for fear of incurring the wrath of mothers of toddlers everywhere), I am loathe to drag my butt out of bed at 5:15 a.m. Hey, at least I don't have to pump.

In honor of Mother's Day, here's a pic of Max and me. From behind, so you can fully appreciate the junk that has accumulated in my trunk since November. Maybe Stacy and Clinton are right that women of a certain age (and apparently that age is 32) shouldn't wear shorts. But, I figure with the cred of the number on the shirt, I can wear what I damn well please.
IMG_0643.jpg
In case you're wondering, yes, my 16 month old *is* that tall. And yes, I *am* that short.

No comments: