Monday, March 03, 2008

A few miles

I'm off work on Mondays, but inevitably the day gets filled up with other obligations. I unexpectedly had a few hours to myself this afternoon, and rather than hurry home and take care of the tidal wave of laundry that threatens to break down the laundry room door, I took advantage of the balmy weather to go for a run. I ran about 3.5 miles, I think. I ran part of the Ten Miler course, including that bit that I always lop off that goes down Lexington. Since I never run it, I made a couple of wrong turns, and did more than the 3 I was planning. It was warm, but very windy, and I'd forgotten to bring a hat, so I ended up with my Katie Holmes meets Dorothy Hamill 'do flopping in my eyes as it worked its way out of the clip I'd put it in.

I headed back to the gym, and did weights, stretching, and abs. I picked up Max from school, and we took a swing by the store to pick up raisins. We made it home just in time to meet Louise for a good long walk with Max in the buggy, eating his precious raisins. Then a mad scramble to make dinner from scratch and here it is 7pm and I'm still in my gym clothes!

1 comment:

iJuls said...

I hate those tidal waves of laundry. Good luck with that.

All the best,
Juls