Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Done! And Happy New Year!

Done! I think so, anyway. I may have skimped a little on the warmup since the start line was actually at the parking area this year instead of 1/2 mile away. But with the very long jog to the porta-johns and back, plus a little warmup, I figure I got in the 4 or so that I had left to finish.

It was extremely windy today, and I was on pace for a PR until the last mile, which is completely unsheltered. The wind was blowing so hard I was running sideways, and could barely catch my breath. I walked for a short stretch here, and ended up 30 seconds shy of a PR. Damn! But overall, I was pretty happy with it - I ran a 10:26 pace overall, though my first and second miles were both right around 10 min. I felt strong at the finish, despite having run comparatively little in the past month. I'm still waiting on my new shoes, but the pimped-out inserts seem to be doing their job, and my left foot is completely pain free, while the right only felt a little sore after the race.

So here's to another year of being a fit mama! I hope you all have a Happy New Year, and take the time to become a little more fit than you are right now. If I can do it with a toddler and a full time job, then so can you. A wise Jedi once said, "Do or do not, there is no try."

1 comment:

Trena said...

I just stumbled upon your blog. I'm a runner too. It's very encouraging to hear that you are running after baby. I hope to keep the running up but I keep hearing nightmare stories of running while prego. Not prego yet but hope to be soon!

Keep the running up!

My post called: Philippians 4:13 in Dec. 2007 is about my latest marathon. Can't wait for the next!