Thursday, March 24, 2011

Right on schedule

My pre-race freak week is proceeding swimmingly. Last night I had my pre-race nightmare, and it was a doozy. Not only was I late to the race, but it wasn't just a footrace, there were many Amazing Race style challenges along the course. One involved a maze through a Chinese restaurant kitchen. Since I had started so late, and I hadn't prepared for the challenges, I ended up with a DNF because I couldn't finish the course within the time limit. It was humiliating.

In real life, this has been a tough week to squeeze in the miles, so it's a good thing I'm officially tapering. I was able to run after work two days this week, one with Sami in the buggy. Today I had an all-day work thing, so I missed my usual Thursday run. I'm planning on doing an easy mile or so tomorrow to keep my legs moving. I'm very nervous about Saturday, but all that work over the winter is now hay in the barn, and truthfully not much I do this week could improve my performance.

And look! The weather forecast is amazing.

1 comment:

caroline said...

Great weather!! Good luck!!