Monday, March 09, 2009

Doughman 2010

IronMo clued me in about The Doughman, in Durham, in which running, biking, and paddling across a pool in a kiddie inner tube are combined with competitive eating. I am seriously doing this next year. Since I was nursing when I started running seriously, I had to eat constantly, including before runs. While I made a concerted effort to reduce the size of my pre-run meal as my distances increased, I never went running on an empty stomach. And while I think the Doughman will be a real challenge for me, I think I'll have no trouble with my leg of the race.

Case in point, my day after 4:30pm.
4:30 - leave work, head to daycare to pick up kids
5:15 - arrive home. Nurse baby on porch while 3 y.o. plays in the yard
5:30 - leave 3 y.o. in yard w/Supportive Husband, head inside to make dinner.
6:00 - in the home stretch w/dinner, begin bathing baby in kitchen sink
6:15 - dinner on the table, baby clean and ready for jammies. Head upstairs with baby while husband and 3 y.o. start eating dinner.
6:30 - baby asleep. Eat dinner of breakfast burrito, turkey bacon, and blueberries.
6:45 - head out for quick run.
7:15 - blog as cooldown

That's right, I ate my own dinner before going out for a run. Daylight was fading and I was famished. And you know what? I actually felt pretty good.

Doughman, here I come!!!

No comments: