Saturday, February 28, 2009

Hello? Is anybody there?

Anyone still here? It's been a while. In the 27 days since my last entry, I have been sick for nearly all of them, had two sick kids, returned to work, and run just a handful of times. The MJH 8K is in just two weeks and while I know I'll finish (walking, maybe, but I'll finish) I'm certain I will not be posting a PR this year. And lest I forget, is it but 5 weeks until the 10 miler. That one I am just hoping to finish. I need to get some miles in!

I'll save the Interwebs from my tale of woe. It involves amoxicillin (for Max), a Z-pak (for me), albuterol (also for me), and liberal applications of breastmilk up the nose (for Sami). I think we're all on the mend. It is my yearly tradition to be sick before the 8K, so hopefully this is it and we will (knock on wood) not be struck with any other calamities before the race.

1 comment:

Out in Them Sticks said...

so, I'm not the only one suffering! We are supposed to do our last big run before we taper for this half and with sick kiddos, it's not going to happen.

Hang in there! :)