Friday, September 22, 2006

Off today, but important updates

I went to the shop and got some new insoles for my shoes. They're comfy and supportive. At least they were for the 10 yards of jogging I did on them in the shop. Anyway, they'd better work, as my old insoles went in the trash at the shop inside the box the new ones came in. Oopsie.

And I got my Phase II program from Mark. Very reassuring. He gave me props for doing this while still nursing. I'm certain he went home to Cynthia after reading my questionnaire and said, "You will never believe what this crazy lady is doing." Anyway, he left my weekday runs pretty much up to me, and my weekend runs pretty much as I'd figured a few days ago. He put a big star by the last long run, circled it and noted "Very Important." Um yeah, I get that.

My game plan is: no more day care special, no more coxsackie. The weather is fab-yoo-lus, and we're down to the wire. I am reaching the point that instead of freaking that I'm not going to be ready, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel - my goal is right there. It's not like back in June when 7 miles seemed like 7 light years. 26.2 scares me just a little, but IronMo will be there! And support people! And water stops!! And junk food!! And spectators! And other poky runners. This town is full of really serious runners, and they tend to scare us poky folks away. It takes a lot of cajones for me to go out on Saturdays. Looking at last year's results, there were over 700 finishers with times at or above 5 hours. SEVEN HUNDRED. That's about 20% of the field. I'll be as fast or faster than 20% of the runners in Richmond.

One step at a time, one foot in front of the other.

No comments: